Military Academy Information Night
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Please join Congresswoman Speier for an evening of information and one-on-one conversation for high school students, teachers and counselors.
RSVP by Monday, September 14 by clicking HERE.
To download the flyer, click on the image.
Service Academies Congressional Nomination Process
It is Congresswoman Speier's great honor to nominate young men and women of character to the United States Air Force Academy, Military Academy, Naval Academy and Merchant Marine Academy. (The US Coast Guard Academy does not require nomination. For information on applying to the USCGA, please visit: http://www.uscga.edu.
To be considered, an applicant must first meet these basic requirements:
- United States citizen
- Unmarried with no dependents
- Excellent academic achievement
Ability to pass a physical aptitude test
Strong leadership potential
High moral character
In addition, an applicant must provide:
- A completed application (click here to download)
- SAT or ACT test scores
- High school transcript
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal essay
Applicants must also apply directly to the desired Academy or Academies:
United States Air Force Academy
Director of Admissions
Colorado Springs , Colorado 80840
United States Military Academy
West Point , New York 10996
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point , New York 11024
United States Naval Academy
Director of Candidate Guidance
Annapolis , Maryland 21402
Please note that you can apply for a nomination from other sources:
- Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer
- President Barack Obama, who nominates children of career military personnel, deceased or disabled veterans, military or civilian personnel in missing status, and Medal of Honor Recipients
- Vice President Joseph Biden, who nominates five individuals from across the United States per year
- The Secretary of each military department, Army, Navy and Air Force, who nominates members of regular military, reserve components, and participants in the ROTC.