**Panelist to include Mariska Hargitay, Emmy Award winning actress, Law and Order: SVU & Founder, Joyful Heart Foundation**
Washington, DC – Representatives Jackie Speier (D-CA), Annie Kuster (D-NH), Patrick Meehan (R-PA), and David Joyce (R-OH), as co-chairs of the Bipartisan Task Force to End Sexual Violence will hold the first task force roundtable to address problems with rape kit backlogs and lack of access to sexual assault nurse examiners this Friday at 9 a.m.
Members of the media planning to attend should RSVP to Nick Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who: The Bipartisan Task Force to End Sexual Violence
What: Roundtable on the Rape Kit Backlog and Access to SANE Nurses
When: Friday, June 16th, 9 a.m.
Where: 334 Cannon House Office Building (House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs)
- Mariska Hargitay, Emmy Award winning actress, Law and Order: SVU & Founder, Joyful Heart Foundation
- Lavinia Masters, Victim Advocate & Survivor of Sexual Violence
- Michael C. O’Malley, Cuyahoga County Prosecutor
- Richard A. Bell, Cuyahoga County Special Investigations Division Chief
- Dr. Jenifer Markowitz, Past-President & Government Affairs Committee Chair, International Association of Forensic Nurses
- Nathan James, Analyst in Crime Policy, Congressional Research Service
About the Task Force:
The Bipartisan Task Force to End Sexual Violence is raising awareness and proposing solutions to the challenges posed by sexual assault. Chaired by Representatives Jackie Speier, Ann McLane Kuster, Patrick Meehan, and David Joyce, the task force unites a diverse group of Members of Congress to advocate for legislation to support victims and their families, educate communities to prevent violence, and implement solutions to end sexual assault.
The Task Force’s areas of focus include: K-12 education, campus sexual violence, the rape kit backlog, military sexual trauma, improved data and collection, online harassment, and law enforcement training.