Fire Recovery Guide

September 2, 2020

Wildfire is an increasing part of our lives and may cause emotional and financial devastation.

Funds from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) may be available to help individuals rebuild, repair and replace housing and other personal property not covered by insurance.

Individuals who were impacted by fires as part of a declared disaster should apply for FEMA assistance. You can apply in the following ways:

  • Online at; (Spanish)   
  • Via smartphone at
  • You may call the registration phone number at 1-800-621-3362; those who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY, please call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), please call 1-800-621-3362.

Small Business Administration (SBA) loans may also be available to individuals and businesses to repair or replace disaster-damaged property, inventory, and supplies. However, after a disaster, SBA programs aren’t just for businesses.  Homeowners and renters may also be eligible for SBA loans to repair or replace disaster-related damages to homes or personal property.

After registering with FEMA, businesses, homeowners and renters who would like to apply for SBA loans may do so online at:

You can also call my office at 650-342-0300
if you have problems with a federal agency and need additional assistance

Please know that I am committed to working with our local, state and federal officials to ensure that the federal government provides all necessary resources to support our community in a time of recovery.  I also stand ready to help expedite any support and resources that our communities need to rebuild and repair our homes, businesses, and infrastructure.

Our community pulls together in tough times. We’ve overcome challenges before by working together, and we will do so again. Should you need anything, my staff and I are here to help.

Find a Fire Recovery Guide below.

Related Files