Service Academies Congressional Nomination Process
It is Congresswoman Speier's great honor to nominate young men and women of character to the United States Air Force Academy, Military Academy, Naval Academy and Merchant Marine Academy. The US Coast Guard Academy does not require nomination. For information on applying to the USCGA, please visit:http://www.uscga.edu.
Virtual Service Academy Information Night - Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 920 4192 8928
One tap mobile
Find the flyer here.
The deadline to submit your application is Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Find the application here.
To be considered, an applicant must first meet these basic requirements:
- United States citizen
- Unmarried with no dependents
- Excellent academic achievement
- Ability to pass a physical aptitude test
- Strong leadership potential
- High moral character
In addition, an applicant must provide:
- A completed application
- SAT or ACT test scores
- High school transcript
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal essay
Applicants must also apply directly to the desired Academy or Academies:
United States Air Force Academy
Director of Admissions
Colorado Springs , Colorado 80840
United States Military Academy at Westpoint
West Point , New York 10996
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point , New York 11024
United States Naval Academy
Director of Candidate Guidance
Annapolis , Maryland 21402
- Please note that you can apply for a nomination from other sources:
- Senators Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris
- President Donald Trump, who nominates children of career military personnel, deceased or disabled veterans, military or civilian personnel in missing status, and Medal of Honor Recipients
- Vice President Mike Pence, who nominates five individuals from across the United States per year
- The Secretary of each military department, Army, Navy and Air Force, who nominates members of regular military, reserve components, and participants in the ROTC.
The 2018 Service Academy nominees, left to right: Matthew Johnson, Merchant Marine Academy;
Regan Greer, Military Academy; Colin Deleon, Air Force Academy.
(Also nominated but not pictured: Polly Finch, Naval Academy).