Trump Tower & Hotel Toronto
- Initial partner Leib Waldman fled US after pleading guilty to bankruptcy fraud and embezzlement.
- Russian engagement crucial for financing and construction; finances by Austrian bank that served as Russian money laundering conduit.
- False claims to buyers.
- Alex Shnaider, principal developer with no condo development experience, sold his company's shares in a Ukrainian steelmaker for $850M to VEB (Russian-controlled bank). Putin was chair of VEB's supervisory board at the time.
- Trump claimed he was a “genius” for investing in the tower; he actually had no money at risk in the venture.
- Stopped using Trump’s name in 2017.